Volkswagen Group Rus brings together the work of the seven brands of the Volkswagen Group that are available on the Russian market — Volkswagen, Audi, ŠKODA, Bentley, Lamborghini, Ducati and Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles. Starting from November 2007, Volkswagen Group Rus has been manufacturing automobiles in Kaluga. In 2009, full cycle production was launched. In 2011, Volkswagen Group Rus and GAZ Group signed an agreement for the contract assembly of Volkswagen and ŠKODA automobiles at the GAZ plant in Nizhny Novgorod
At the moment, Volkswagen Tiguan, Volkswagen Polo and ŠKODA RAPID are being produced at the plant in Kaluga. A full cycle production of ŠKODA OCTAVIA, ŠKODA KODIAQ and ŠKODA KAROQ is organized at GAZ. In 2015 the new engine plant was launched in Kaluga. Its maximum production capacity is 150,000 engines per year. Volkswagen Group is committed to the Russian market and is consecutively fulfilling its investment program in Russia. With a total investment of 200 billion rubles in its business in Russia, Volkswagen Group became one of the largest foreign investors in the Russian automotive industry.
Volkswagen Group Rus Brands
Management Volkswagen Group Rus
- Stefan Mecha studied Economics in FernUniversität in Hagen, Germany
- He holds a Global Executive MBA from Insead Business School
- In 1995 Stefan Mecha started working for Sixt Leasing AG in Car Mobility Consulting
- Since 1997 he had been working in Daimler AG: he was a Special Account Manager (Fleet) in MCC smart and then held various management positions in Financial Services. In 2001 he was appointed General Manager of Daimler Fleet Management in Europe
- In 2002 he joined Board Management of e-Sixt AG as Vice President of International Sales
- In 2005 Stefan Mecha started his career in Volkswagen AG as Regional Director Sales of Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles in Western Europe
- After that he held different positions in Sales within the Volkswagen Group in Europe and in the Middle East
- In 2016 Stefan Mecha was appointed Member of the Volkswagen Board in South Africa and Managing Director of the Sales company
- Since 2018 he held the position of Vice President of Sales and Marketing in the South America Region at Volkswagen Brazil
- Since 2021 Stefan Mecha is appointed as СEO of Volkswagen Group Rus
- He has two university degrees in mechanical engineering and an additional degree in economics
- In 2003, he joined Volkswagen AG, and changed several positions in China and Germany after that
- In 2006, he became responsible for part of production within Paint Shop at Volkswagen plant in Wolfsburg
- In 2010, he took up the position of Assistant to the Board Member of Volkswagen Passenger Cars, responsible for production and logistics
- In 2013, he became a Head of Production of the Volkswagen plant in Navarra, Spain
- In 2015, he became a Head of Production at FAW-Volkswagen factory in Foshan, China
- Since February 1, 2019, holds the position of Technical Director of Volkswagen Group Rus
- Studied at University of Munich (LMU) and E.M. Lyon Business School
- In 2005 started working for BMW Group in Organization & Inhouse Consulting
- In 2008 joined the Management Consultancy Oliver Wyman (former Mercer)
- In 2011 moved to MAN Financial Services as Head of Process Management
- In 2013 appointed Head of Group Organization Development for MAN Truck & Bus AG / MAN SE
- In 2016 joined Volkswagen AG as Head of Group Organization for Central functions, focusing among others on Human Resources and Region Russia and CIS
- Since 2019 was leading Volkswagen Group HR International, focusing on various fields of international Human Resource Management
- In 1997 joined Volkswagen AG, Germany
- In 2001 was appointed as Head of Investment Controlling at Volkswagen Brand
- In 2004 headed Business Development/ New Regions at Volkswagen Group
- In 2006 became Financial Director at Volkswagen Navarra, Spain
- In 2009 was appointed as Executive Vice President responsible for Finance & Information Technology Processes at Volkswagen Group of America in Chattanooga, USA
- In 2014 became responsible for Controlling at Kassel plant, Germany
- Since 2016 holds the position of Chief Financial Officer at Volkswagen Group Rus
- Graduated from the Technical University of Braunschweig with a degree in mechanical engineering
- In 1996 began working in the purchasing department of Volkswagen AG
- Since 2005, he has held various management positions in Purchasing Exterior
- In 2013, became a Head of Purchasing at Volkswagen Argentina
- Since 2017, he had been the Project Leader in Purchasing for Full- and Midsize Cars
- In 1997 he began his career at VOLKSWAGEN AG as Product Marketing Manager Powertrain Strategy
- In 1998 he joined Volkswagen of America as Product Lifecycle Manager
- From 2001 he worked as Manager Sales and Marketing North America in VOLKSWAGEN AG
- From 2004 he was Process Leader Business Strategy and Development at Volkswagen of America
- In 2005 he was appointed General Manager Sales and Distribution at Volkswagen of America
- In 2007 he became General Manager Sales Operations Europe North West
- In 2009 he became Regional Director Europe North West
- From 2012 he was Managing Director Audi Volkswagen Middle East in Dubai
- In 2016 he was Regional Director South Europe in VOLKSWAGEN AG
- In 2019 he was appointed Head of Volkswagen Brand in Russia
- Since 2000 he has been working in Development Department of the dealership network in ŠKODA Auto Česká Republika
- Since 2002 he has been performing the duties of Regional Manager in Audi Česká Republika
- In 2005 he became Head of Sales Department in ŠKODA Auto Russia
- In 2007 he obtained a similar position in the Czech Republic
- Since 2012 he has been acting as Regional Director in ŠKODA Auto, responsible for the markets of India, Africa, Australia, New Zealand and Latin America
- In 2016, was appointed Head of ŠKODA Auto Russia
- In 1990 he joined ŠKODA Auto and held several positions in Production, Sales and Marketing
- In 1998 he became responsible for A0 class in Product marketing
- In 2004 he became Head of Special Operations within Sales Department of ŠKODA Auto
- In 2009 he became Head of Product marketing of ŠKODA Auto in the global market
- Since 2011 has been Head of ŠKODA Auto Russia
- In 2016 was appointed Head of Audi Russia
- Studied Business Administration at the Otto-Friedrich University of Bamberg
- In 2006 he started working in Ferrari Central / East Europe GMBH as Sales Area Manager (Germany/Austria)
- In 2012 he joined Automobili Lamborghini S.p.A. as Sales Area Manager of North Europe
- In 2015 he started working in Bentley Motors Ltd. as Sales Area Manager for Germany
- Since 2018, he is holding the position of Head of Bentley Russia and Eastern Europe
- From 2002 to 2005, he held the position of general director of Sigmaplast, the official distributor of GE Plastics
- In 2005, began to work in Audi Russia as a regional sales manager
- From 2007 to 2009 - Audi exclusive / quattro GmbH in Audi Russia
- From 2010 to 2011 he was the head of Olympic projects in Volkswagen Group Rus
- Since 2012, he was appointed Head of the Russian representative office of the Lamborghini
- Since 2014 is responsible for the region of Eastern Europe, CIS, Turkey and Greece
- In 2004 he graduated from the Moscow International Higher Business School (Institute), holds an MBA degree
- In 1999, he began his career at Volkswagen AG in the Volkswagen division as a manager for working with fleet clients
- Since April 2005, he started his work in the division of Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles in the position of Head of Sales and Marketing
- In October 2005 he was appointed Head of Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles in Russia
- In 2013, participated in the International Senior Management Program for the development and adaptation of the strategy of one of the brands of Volkswagen AG in the Chinese market
- In 2013, took extension courses in the business school Management School St.Gallen (Switzerland)
- Graduated from Moscow State University, Faculty of Public Administration
- In 2004 he began the career at BMW in the motorcycle sales department
- In 2006 he became head of motorcycle sales and marketing at Honda motorcycle division
- In 2010 he headed BMW Motorrad division in the Avilon Automotive Group
- 2016 he also was responsible for sales of MINI cars at Avilon
- Since 2019, he is holding the position of Head of Ducati brand in Russia
Mission Statement Environment
For all our products and mobility solutions we aspire to minimize environmental impacts along the entire lifecycle — from raw material extraction until end-of-life — in order to keep ecosystems intact and to create positive impacts on society.
Compliance with environmental regulations, standards and voluntary commitments is a basic prerequisite of our actions.
The VOLKSWAGEN Group Rus OOO recognizes the Mission statement environment 'Go to Zero' of the VOLKSWAGEN Group and by its own measures — at the level of the Russian Federation and CIS countries — contributes to achieving the global VOLKSWAGEN Group goals for the four priority global activities of the VOLKSWAGEN Group.
Mission 'Go to Zero':
- Climate change
By 2025, we as VOLKSWAGEN Group plan to reduce global greenhouse gas emissions from our cars and light commercial vehicles throughout their entire life cycle by 30% compared to 2015.
We intend to maximize the efficiency of the use of natural resources and accelerate the transition to the secondary use of raw materials, energy and water. By 2025, we as the VOLKSWAGEN Group plan to reduce the negative impact of production on the environment at the global level (CO2 emissions, the use of energy, water, waste, volatile organic compounds) by 45% per one car produced compared to 2010.
- Air quality
In order to improve air quality, we as VOLKSWAGEN Group accelerate the transition to electric car. By 2025, the share of battery electric vehicles in the model range of VOLKSWAGEN Group will be from 20 to 25% worldwide. By 2030, the share of electric vehicles in the fleet of new VOLKSWAGEN Group cars in Europe and China should grow to at least 40%.
- Environmental compliance
As VOLKSWAGEN Group we aim to become a role model for a modern, open and succesful enterprise in terms of integrity by introducing and regularly monitoring effective management systems that minimize the negative impact on the environment of our mobility services at all stages of our product life cycle.
The VOLKSWAGEN Group Rus OOO produces motor vehicles and engines at the Kaluga location (Russian Federation) and in contract manufacturing at the Nizhny Novgorod (Russian Federation) site as a company of the VOLKSWAGEN Group, which aims to become a leading provider of sustainable mobility and a model for the protection of our environment. We are aware of our responsibility for the environment and all the related environmental and social impacts that accompany our actions. We use our globally networked innovative strength to reduce our ecological footprint. The company is committed to continuously improving the environmental performance of its products and services. Environmental compatibility also includes improving resource efficiency, energy consumption including CO2 emissions, e.g. by using low-carbon energy sources, the improvement of energy efficiency of production and minimizing pollutant emissions. We are meeting the challenges over the entire life cycle of our mobility offers within the scope of VOLKSWAGEN Group Rus OOO.
In order to specify our overarching "Environmental Mission Statement", VOLKSWAGEN Group Rus OOO is committed to the following core statements. The energy policy statement aspects are included in this environmental policy statement:
Principles of Environmental Policy:
- Protecting our environment
- Cooperation with stakeholders
- Continuous improvement
The executives of all organizational levels and in all brands and directorates of VOLKSWAGEN Group Rus OOO are aware of the environmental risks arising from their business activities. Through word and deed, they reinforce their commitment and their attitude towards legal and company-compliant action and the acceptance of their role model function for the environment. They are responsible for ensuring that the requirements described in this environmental policy statement are implemented and complied with in their area of responsibility.
All managers ensure that all employees are informed, qualified and accountable for the tasks assigned to them. Within their area of responsibility, managers create an appropriate framework in which employees and business partners can communicate particular sensitive environmental issues openly and without fear of negative consequences ("Speak Up" culture). The management of the VOLKSWAGEN Group Rus OOO give equal consideration to the environment in important corporate decisions along with other criteria relevant to the company.
We comply with legal and statutory requirements and are guided by our organizational standards and objectives. Our environmental compliance management systems ensure that ecological aspects and obligations within our business activities are recognized and appropriately taken into account. Environmental violations, environment-related misconduct and intentional disregard or deception (fraud) are treated as non-compliance in accordance with our organizational guidelines. The compliance of our actions with the requirements of this environmental policy statement and other environmentally related organizational guidelines is evaluated annually and reported to the Board of Management of VOLKSWAGEN Group Rus OOO.
Environmental protection at VOLKSWAGEN Group Rus OOO is designed in a holistic manner to reduce environmental risks and seize opportunities for protecting our environment. This includes the integration of various measures, including decarbonisation, resource efficiency and sustainable supply chains. The company is committed to the continuous improvement of the environmental performance of its business activities while taking into account economically sustainable feasibility. In order to demonstrate that we have achieved our goals within the framework of the "TRANSFORM 2025+" brand strategy and the overarching "TOGETHER - Strategy 2025+", we regularly disclose key environmental performance indicators (KPI) and report transparently on the progress of our efforts.
Transparent and credible information as well as open dialogue and proactive work with our stakeholders, including employees, customers, authorities, business partners and others, are a matter of course and important for the VOLKSWAGEN Group Rus OOO. We would like to improve our understanding of their expectations and requirements in the environmental field. The suggestions are incorporated into our environmental compliance management system, are carefully evaluated and are reflected within various aspects of our business activities. We provide comprehensible and reliable information in our reports and in our communication with stakeholders.
VOLKSKWAGEN Group Rus OOO has implemented an internationally recognized environmental management system, validated by independent experts, for the continuous improvement of the environmental impact of its own processes and production facilities. This ensures that environmental requirements are implemented in our core business activities and in our decision-making. We use our global network of experts from the Group and locations worldwide to identify and make available the best possible and best practices in environmental technologies and environmental management. The VOLKSKWAGEN Group Rus OOO as a company of the VOLKSWAGEN Group is a participant of the integrated Group certification of the Volkswagen Passenger Cars brand. We take a leading role with regard to emerging environmental developments and regulations in science and technology. We strive to exceed our goals and the expectations placed on us.
The VOLKSWAGEN Group Rus OOO reviews this environmental policy statement for relevance at least once a year and continuously monitors compliance within the company. Relevance and compliance is documented by means of the annual management review.
Whistleblower system / Compliance hotline
Complying with statutory regulations and internal rules has top priority at Volkswagen. We can only avoid damage to our company, our employees and business partners if rules and standards are respected. Consequently, misconduct must be recognized swiftly, processed and immediately remedied.
That calls for vigilance on the part of everyone along with a willingness to draw attention to possible Serious Regulatory Violations on the basis of Reasonable Suspicion. We also value information of this nature from business partners, customers and other third parties.
In order to comply with Russian legislation, the Compliance department of VOLKSWAGEN Group Rus is charged with maintaining the internal points of contact for reporting Regulatory Violations in relation to our Company and to conduct a primary review of received reports. Reports to the Volkswagen Group Whistleblower System channels locally available in Russia can be made at any time in Russian and English to the following channels:
Russia 117485, Moscow, Obrucheva street 30/1, to the attention of the Compliance Officer of VOLKSWAGEN Group Rus LLC, particularly to allow anonymous reporting
Main contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Whistleblower System guarantees the greatest possible protection for whistleblowers and Persons Implicated, namely: an investigation is only initiated after very careful examination of the facts and Reasonable Suspicion of a Regulatory Violation. There will be strict confidentiality and secrecy throughout the investigative process. Information will be reviewed fairly, promptly and in a sensitive manner.
If you have any information about potential compliance issues concerning the interests of VOLKSWAGEN Group Rus OOO (such as corruption, conflicts of interests, environmental violations with criminal liability, antitrust law violations) we ask you to report to the aforementioned channels. When reporting your instance, the following question may help to structure the information properly:
- Who committed a Regulatory Violation?
- What exactly happened?
- When a Regulatory Violation was committed?
- How was it committed?
- Where was it committed?
Please note that the issues related to the quality of VOLKSWAGEN Group Rus OOO products and after-sale support by authorized dealers will generally not be considered in the Whistleblower System. On the above-mentioned issues please contact through a brand’s hotline.